Friday, March 22, 2013

Consistency .... seems to be the key to MY lifestyle change

I've found that consistency is the key to MY weight loss.  As long as I'm doing my part each day, then the inches are dissappearing.  Sure I'd love to take a pill to make me skinny over night, but I've realized that No I didn't get this way over night, that it was through bad habits.  So now I have to make the decision that if I want to change the way I look at myself (cause that is the reason I'm doing this - FOR ME) then I have to change my habits. Sure it's hard, and takes alot of effort on my part especially in the beginning.  But hear me when I say it's well worth it.  Now alot of it comes second nature to me.

WARNING - in the beginning when you finally decide to let everyone else know that you're changing your lifestyle, you will hear some snide remarks, and even some ugly ones.  But hey, don't let that discourage you, use it as motivation to show them.  YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED!  I've been very fortunate because my husband supports me in anything I do.  Even my son has complimented me and told me that he's proud of me.  If you know my son, that means alot to me.

Even on nights that I don't feel like getting on the elliptical, I tell myself just do five minutes.  Most nights once I do five, then I want to do ten, then fifteen.  It's the getting up part thats the hardest for me on those nights.  But I feel so much better once I'm finished.  Like I've ran a marathon in the olympics.

Set realistic small goals for yourself. Don't try to do this all over night - you only set yourself up for failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment