Thursday, April 4, 2013

FIND what works for you....

I've had several to say "tell me what you're doing, give me some tips".     I can tell you my daily routine everyday for a year, but that doesn't necessarily mean its going to work for you.  Take my journey, tweak it to your liking and find what works for you.  Because in order for this to work, you have to want to do if for YOURSELF...not others. 

I like to eat 5-6 times a day, whether or not its accurate, I feel that my metabolism is higher if I feed my body every few hours.  And I don't feel like I'm starving.  No I'm not saying eat 5-6 hearty meals.  Eat healthy meals, and healthy snacks.  As you progress and get your portions under control, you will become more conscious of the types of foods you are eating.  This has to be a lifestyle change, NOT A DIET!  You must change your old, bad habits in order for it to work. 

Same for exercising -- you must move your body along with eating healthy.  They go hand in hand.  Sure you don't have to become a member of the gym. I do all my workouts at home.  There are days I absolutely do not want to work out. But I've found out if I push myself, once I start then I get in the "mood".  But then again, there are days that I skip, and vow to do twice as much the next day!   Before you say "I don't have time"...YOU HAVE TO MAKE TIME!!! If you can find time to sit in front of the television for hours at a time, you can work out...If you're running your children to and from sports practice. You don't have to sit there and watch them the whole time -  walk around the block!  Instead of taking care of everyone else in your family, don't you think it's time to take care of yourself!! Even if its 10-15 minutes, thats better than nothing!

(By the way - I'm going crazy not doing any cardio per dr's orders!! I can feel my waist expanding just thinking about a week off without exercising)...


No comments:

Post a Comment